Working with Volunteers
Non-profit and community organizations often rely on the work of volunteers. Yet volunteer management, including recruiting, retaining, recognizing, and supervising, can be challenging. It is important to have a plan of how to effectively work with volunteers while also making their experiences positive.
Working with Volunteers is an asynchronous, self-paced course. Through a combination of videos, knowledge check questions, and printable handouts you will learn practical knowledge, tools, and strategies to help make volunteers an effective part of your organization.
- People who work with and manage volunteers
You will learn how to:
- identify and apply generational differences to volunteer management
- write and use task descriptions
- manage volunteer and organizational risk
- understand the value of volunteer orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation
- assess your organization’s volunteer management program and develop an action plan to enhance its volunteer management practices
Frequently Asked Questions
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.
Patreese Ingram, Ed.D.