Wayne County Ag Day
The Wayne County Ag Day is an opportunity for the local agricultural communities of Wayne County and surrounding areas to come together and learn about new and innovative technologies, new services, new product lines, new machinery, and updated programs and services available from local area agribusinesses, associations, and industry supporters. It is also an opportunity for the public and agricultural enthusiasts to learn about their local Agriculture Industry.
To Be Covered
This year’s event will include two different educational sessions. The first session is a Dairy Beef presentation by Dr. Tara Felix, Penn State Extension Beef Specialist. The second session is a Backyard Poultry presentation by Emily Lhamon, Penn State Extension Poultry Educator.
Ask the Experts!
Throughout the day industry professionals from around the state will be present in our Ask the Experts corner to offer industry relevant information and guidance to interested attendees throughout the day. This is a great opportunity for producers to ask the questions they have been thinking about all year!
- Pasture Poultry & Processing
- Colostrum Quality & Testing
- 4-H: Building Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Sheep & Goat Production
- Corn Crop Production in Wayne County & How to Select Varieties
- Wells, Water Testing & Water Quality Information
- Rabies in Wildlife & Its Connection To Agriculture
- Horse Care & Nutrient Management
Health Screening for Area Farmers & Family
Provided by Wayne Health Services
- Hearing Screenings
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Nutritional Counseling
- Suicide Awareness Info
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Lyme Disease Info
- Adaptive Equipment for Agriculture
- Flu Vaccine/Shots