When: Thu., Jan. 24, 2019 (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM)
Where: Newton Ransom Fire Company
1890 Newton Ransom Blvd.
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania 17815
registration deadline: January 17, 2019
The Northeast Vegetable Meeting is an all day program in northeast Pennsylvania that is designed specifically for commercial vegetable growers. The meeting focuses on practical management of weed problems and current challenges.
To Be Covered
- Managing Bacteria in Peppers with Improved Cultivars/ Phytophthora Update
- Farm Labor 101: Helping Fruit and Vegetable Producers Understand Agricultural Labor Laws
- Update from the Department of Agriculture
- Vegetable Disease Management: Surviving a Wet Year
- Nutrient Management of Vegetable Crops & In-Season Monitoring Tools
- Sun Safety: Skin Cancer Prevention
- WPS Respirator Fit Testing
PDA pesticide applicator recertification credits are pending approval.
09:00 am WPS Respirator Fit Test
09:30 am Update from PDA
10:00 am PVGA Member
10:15 am Break
10:30 am Managing Bacteria in Peppers with Improved Cultivars / Phytophthora Update
11:00 am Farm Labor 101: Helping Fruit and Vegetable Producers Understand Agricultural Labor Laws
12:00 pm Lunch (provided)
01:00 pm Vegetable Disease Management: Surviving a Wet Year
01:50 pm Nutrient Management of Vegetable Crops & In-Season Monitoring Tools
02:20 pm Sun Safety: Skin Cancer Prevention
02:50 pm Evaluation and Adjourn
Frequently Asked Questions
Timothy Elkner, Michael Orzolek, Ph.D.