Twilight Vegetable Meeting
When: July 17, 2018, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Where: Amos Martin Farm
698 Troxelville Rd.
Middleburg, Pennsylvania 17842
03 Vegetable Crops
698 Troxelville Rd., Middleburg, PA
Amos and Judith Martin farm 35 acres and raise poultry. They grow nine acres of produce which includes 6 acres of pumpkins, 2 acres of cantaloupe, 0.5 acres of watermelons and 0.5 acres of peppers and tomatoes. All of their produce is marketed through the Buffalo Valley Produce Auction.
- From Mifflinburg take Route 104 south to Penn’s Creek. Turn right onto Troxelville Road. The farm is about 3/4 mile on your right.
- From Middleburg take 104 north to Penn’s Creek. Turn left onto Troxelville Road. The farm is about 3/4 mile on your right.
- Pennsylvania Vegetable Growers Association (PVGA)
- Buffalo Valley Produce Auction
- Snyder County Produce Auction
- Penn State Extension
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Vegetable insect pest in-season update
Dr. Shelby Fleischer, Entomologist, Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences
Update on current vegetable disease management in Central PA
Dr. Beth Gugino, Plant Pathologist, Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences
Avoiding problems caused by pesticide interactions
John Esslinger, Extension Educator
Award pesticide credits, refreshments, and adjourn