Vegetables are vitally important to our health. They supply us with the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals needed to keep our bodies healthy. But many people don't eat nearly enough vegetables in their regular diet. Did you know the USDA recommends that adults eat between 17 to 21 cups of vegetables a week?
In the Totally Veggies online course, you will find the tools and the knowledge you need to incorporate vegetables into your diet. Each lesson focuses on a specific vegetable group and their health benefits: dark green leafy vegetables, deep orange vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, and root vegetables. Using videos as well as convenient handouts, Totally Veggies provides you with cooking techniques, helpful tips, and many easy recipes that anyone can use.
- Anyone who wishes to improve their diet and health, and learn easy new cooking techniques and recipes
You will learn how to:
- understand the health benefits of vegetables
- know recommended servings of different vegetable groups
- select and store vegetables
- implement basic cooking techniques and preparation tips
- outline strategies for eating with the family
- follow many easy recipes.
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.