The Importance of Forests to Clean Water
When: November 19, 2015, 3:37 PM - 4:37 PM
The importance of forests in providing clean water and reduced stormwater in comparison to other landscapes was also illustrated along with the critical processes of infiltration and groundwater recharge.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 1:00 - Watersheds
- 6:36 - Movement of Water in the Forest (Forest Hydrology)
- 17:00 - Baseflow and Groundwater
- 21:00 - Stormflow
- 25:17 - The Importance of Infiltration
- 30:43 - Land Use Impacts on Watersheds
- 38:00 - Best Management Practices
- 44:10 - Question/Answer Session Begins
- 54:24 - Webinar Ends
Jennifer R Fetter, Leon Ressler, Andy Yencha
Albert Jarrett, Ph.D.