Extension Educator, Tree Fruit
Have a question?
Search for Education by Tara Baugher!View All Education from Tara Baugher
Most recent education by Tara Baugher
- 2018 Apple Maturity Assessment: Final Report of the 2018 Season
- 2018 Apple Maturity Assessment: Mid-October Report
- Get Ready for the 2019 Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention
- Summary of Apple Fruit Maturity During August and September 2018
- Scarf Skin Reduction Trials in Grower Orchards Show Promise
Tara came to Penn State Extension in 2004 and serves as a leader of the Extension Tree Fruit Team. She holds M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in plant science/pomology, and prior to coming to Penn State, Tara was an extension tree fruit specialist and professor of horticulture at West Virginia University for 14 years.
Tara's applied research and extension outreach focus on tree fruit industry priorities in the areas of:
- Increasing Orchard Sustainability with Advanced Integrated Crop Management
- Retooling the Tree Fruit Industry with Innovative Technologies
- Bringing in a New Generation of Horticulturists from Diverse Backgrounds
She received an International Fruit Tree Association Extension Award for her work with the Penn State Extension Young Grower Alliance and has served as a principle investigator on a number of successful beginning farmer, conservation innovation, and specialty crop research initiative grant projects. Tara co-edited a pomology textbook and has over 30 refereed research publications and over 50 extension publications.