TAP Series Online Food Safety Course
When: August 21, 2014 9:00 AM to January 1, 2020 5:00 PM
registration deadline: December 31, 2019
A revision to Section 1-201.12(A) and 2-102.20 (B) of the FDA Food Code now requires the Person in Charge (PIC) to be a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM). As required by the Pennsylvania Food Employee Certification Act, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture will begin the process of implementing regulations to reflect the FDA Food Code changes concerning Food Protection Manager Certification requirements. Considering the regulatory process, the new requirement to certify the Person in Charge as a CFPM will likely become effective sometime in 2020. To receive and maintain certification all individuals are required to pass a certification exam every five (5) years.
The TAP Online Food Safety Certification Course, offered by Penn State Extension, is for individuals preparing for the exam. After completing the online course and passing the proctored, multiple-choice exam with a score of 75% or higher, participants will receive a ServSafe® certificate, which meets the PDA requirement for food safety certification. This certification is valid for 5 years.
The TAP Online Food Safety Certification Course offered by Penn State Extension will help your establishment fulfill this PDA requirement for certification. If you are uncertain as to whether you need certification, contact your regional PDA office.
Online Food Safety Training Course:
- Provides a self-paced learning experience from work or home.
- Interactive online learning.
- Training includes colorful graphics, animations, full-motion video, audio, and interactive learning exercises. Practice exam to prepare learner for the certification exam.
- Certification exam is a proctored exam and fulfills the PDA Food Employee Certification requirement with a passing score of 75% or higher.
- Program must be completed within 180 days from the date registrant is enrolled by the instructor.
- Available in English and Spanish.
Individuals preparing for a food safety manager certification, such as ServSafe®
- The Need for Food Safety Training
- Foodborne Illness
- Hygiene, Health & Food Safety
- Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving, Storing, Preparing, Cooking and Serving
- Environment: Equipment, Cleaning, Sanitizing, Pest Control and Facilities
- The HACCP System
Multiple Options Available