TAP Series Online Food Safety Course
When: Jan. 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2019 (2019 Registration Period)
registration deadline: December 31, 2019
Starting in 2020, the Pennsylvania Food Code requires that the person in charge (PIC) of a food service operation be a Certified Food Protection Manger. That person must be onsite at all times during operating hours. To receive and maintain certification, individuals are required to pass a certification exam every five (5) years.
The TAP Online Food Safety Certification Course, offered by Penn State Extension, is for individuals preparing for the food protection manager exam. After completing the online course and passing the proctored multiple-choice exam with a score of 75% or higher, participants will receive the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, which meets the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture requirements for the Food Employee Certification Act.
Online Food Safety Training Course:
- Provides a self-paced learning experience from work or home.
- Interactive online learning.
- Training includes colorful graphics, animations, full-motion video, audio, and interactive learning exercises. Practice exam to prepare learner for the certification exam.
- Food Protection Manager Certification exam is a proctored exam and fulfills the requirement for a Certified Food Protection Manager with a passing score of 75% or higher.
- Register for and start the online course anytime throughout the year. *
- Program must be completed within 180 days from the date registrant is enrolled by the instructor.
- Available in English and Spanish.
* Note: Ignore the January 1, 9am start date/time in the drop-down selection menu. This is a system-generated date and not an actual start date. You may register for and take the self-paced online course anytime throughout the year.
Individuals preparing for a food safety manager certification, such as ServSafe®
- The Need for Food Safety Training
- Foodborne Illness
- Hygiene, Health & Food Safety
- Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving, Storing, Preparing, Cooking and Serving
- Environment: Equipment, Cleaning, Sanitizing, Pest Control and Facilities
- The HACCP System
Frequently Asked Questions
While the online course can be taken anytime and at your own pace, you must complete the program within 180 days from the date of registration. The final exam is proctored and offered in-person only at locations throughout Pennsylvania. More information about exam dates and locations is available during registration.
Multiple Options Available