TAP Series Online Food Safety Course
When: August 21, 2014 9:00 AM to January 1, 2020 5:00 PM
registration deadline: December 31, 2019
Starting in 2020, the Pennsylvania Food Code requires that the person in charge (PIC) of a food service operation be a Certified Food Protection Manger. That person must be onsite at all times during operating hours. To receive and maintain certification, individuals are required to pass a certification exam every five (5) years.
The TAP Online Food Safety Certification Course, offered by Penn State Extension, is for individuals preparing for the food protection manager exam. After completing the online course and passing the proctored multiple-choice exam with a score of 75% or higher, participants will receive the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, which meets the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture requirements for the Food Employee Certification Act.
Online Food Safety Training Course:
- Provides a self-paced learning experience from work or home.
- Interactive online learning.
- Training includes colorful graphics, animations, full-motion video, audio, and interactive learning exercises. Practice exam to prepare learner for the certification exam.
- Food Protection Manager Certification exam is a proctored exam and fulfills the requirement for a Certified Food Protection Manager with a passing score of 75% or higher.
- Program must be completed within 180 days from the date registrant is enrolled by the instructor.
- Available in English and Spanish.
Individuals preparing for a food safety manager certification, such as ServSafe®
- The Need for Food Safety Training
- Foodborne Illness
- Hygiene, Health & Food Safety
- Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving, Storing, Preparing, Cooking and Serving
- Environment: Equipment, Cleaning, Sanitizing, Pest Control and Facilities
- The HACCP System
Frequently Asked Questions