South American Cuisine Comes to You
When: Tue., Mar. 20, 27 and Apr. 3, 2018 (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
Where: Penn State Extension Northumberland County
443 Plum Creek Rd.
Sunbury, Pennsylvania 17801
registration deadline: March 16, 2018
South American Cuisine Comes to You is a series of three classes that will introduce you to the cooking, healthy lifestyle, history, and food cultures of the western coastal region and southern tip of South America, including Chile, Argentina, and Peru.
Each class has a different food focus. Experience food demonstrations, tasting sessions and hands-on food preparation of popular South American recipes. Learn how to plan meals using local foods and flavors from the region, and locally, as part of a healthy eating plan.
South American Cuisine Comes to You will:
- Involve participants in preparing food focus segments highlighting South American recipes and culture.
- Engage participants in preparing simple, delicious recipes that fit with a healthy lifestyle.
- Show participants how to select and prepare fish and shellfish for quality, safety, healthfulness, sustainability, and price.
- Help participants design their own healthy lifestyles, highlighting fruits, vegetables, whole grains, cheese, fish, and shellfish.
- Illustrate how participants can fuel their lives for better health.
Classes include food demonstrations and participant hands-on food preparation. Cost includes taste testing, a small meal, handouts and recipes.
06:00 pm History & Food Culture of South American Cuisine
06:00 pm Fruits & Vegetables of the Region / Meal Planning
06:00 pm History & Health
J. Craig Williams