Sheep and Goat Workshops: Nutrition School
The nutrition school focuses on how to incorporate basic feeds into a balanced ration. This includes evaluating feed quality, understanding nutrient requirements and how to combine ingredients to balance a ration, body condition scoring, and adjusting rations to account for environmental effects.
Anyone interested in learning more about nutrition for sheep flocks and goat herds.
- Feeding basics using forages, concentrates, minerals vitamins and water
- Forage feed quality evaluation
- Nutrient requirements and how to vary between different ages and stages of production
- Ration formulation basics
- Body condition scoring
- Feed substitutions and comparisons for cost savings
- Environmental effects on feeding
Frequently Asked Questions
2 hours, 30 minutes