Training meets the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture requirements for the Food Employee Certification Act.
The ServSafe® course, conducted by Penn State Extension, is for individuals preparing for the exam. After attending the ServSafe® class(es) and passing the proctored, multiple-choice exam with a score of 75% or higher, participants will receive a ServSafe® certificate, which meets the PDA requirement for food safety certification.
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) requires that every retail food service operation have at least one employee who holds a "nationally recognized food safety manager certification" such as ServSafe®. Further, a certified person must be available during all hours of the operation (they do not need to be present, but accessible). To receive and maintain certification, all individuals are required to pass a certification exam every five (5) years.
For additional information contact the Instructor listed for each class on the registration site.
- Anyone who needs a ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certification
- Anyone who needs to meet the PDA requirements for food safety certification
- Restaurant managers
- Food service managers
- How to safely prepare food
- How to safely store, handle, and purchase food
- About foodborne microorganisms and allergens
- About personal hygiene
- How to manage pests
- How to clean and sanitize your facility
Multiple Options Available