New Tools for Teaching Youth About Water
When: November 20, 2013, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
"Watershed Decisions" is a hands-on, inquiry based activity that helps older youth and adults learn about water quality issues surrounding small watersheds and the decision-making processes that go into improving those water quality issues. The "Role of Water in Shale Gas Drilling" is a pair of video presentations about water and the environmental impacts of shale gas drilling and production in the Mid-Atlantic region. These videos were designed for use by educators in both formal and informal educational settings. A new youth oriented fact sheet and activity pamphlet on the importance of safe drinking water is also shared.
- 0:10 - Introduction
- 0:46 - New Tools for Teaching Youth About Water
- 5:41 - Watershed Decisions
- 24:34 - The Role of Water in Shale Gas Drilling Videos
- 34:09 - The Water We Drink Youth Fact Sheet
- 43:45 - Question/Answer Session Ends
Albert Jarrett, Ph.D.