Mediterranean Cuisine Comes to You
Mediterranean Cuisine Comes to You is a series of four classes that will introduce you to the lifestyle, history, and culture of the Mediterranean region.
Each class has a food focus. Experience olive oil and cheese tasting sessions and learn how to prepare dishes of the Mediterranean, while learning how to plan meals using the health-giving basics of the Mediterranean lifestyle. Learn how local foods and flavors can be part of a healthy eating plan and hear from local producers.
This program will:
- Involve participants in designing and putting the Mediterranean lifestyle into practice in their own lives.
- Teach participants great tasting ways to prepare foods of the region.
- Bring participants food focus segments highlighting Mediterranean food ingredients.
- Engage participants in preparing simple, delicious recipes.
- Show participants how to stock their pantries and refrigerators.
- Illustrate how participants can fuel their lives for better health!
- Help participants design their own healthy lifestyles, based on Pennsylvania foods.
Anyone interested in eating well!
- How to cook and prepare food that fits the Mediterranean lifestyle
- How different Mediterranean foods taste (olive oil, cheeses, vegetables and seasonings)
- Useful cooking tips
- The latest information from local food growers and producers about new tasty green and vegetable preparations, health research, and local cheeses
Frequently Asked Questions
Multiple Options Available