LIFT Plus (Lifelong Improvements through Fitness Together) is an in-person and group-based strength-training program for adults ages 40+ who have been exercising or previously lifting weights. Participation in LIFT has been shown to increase strength, flexibility and endurance. Participants will also improve nutrition, health and fitness in an enjoyable, friendly environment.
LIFT sessions are held twice a week for one hour over the course of eight weeks and include an active warm-up, eight core strength-training exercises, and a cool down. The program also encourages increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables consumed in your daily diet.
Who should attend?
Men and women 40 years of age and older who have been exercising or previously lifting weights, and are interested in improving their health, vitality and well-being.
Strength training offers physical, mental, and emotional benefits:
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Improved bone density
- Reduced risk for osteoporosis and related fractures
- Reduced risk of diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, depression, and obesity
- Improved self-confidence, sleep, and vitality
- Improved balance
What to expect at the classes
- A five-minute warmup
- Eight to 12 strength-training exercises to promote proper body awareness, positioning, flexibility, and posture
- Easy-to-use nutrition information
- A five-minute cooldown
Some insurances may reimburse participants with 80% or better attendance. Please contact your insurance provider for more information.