South American Latin Cuisine Comes to You
When: Mon., Oct. 15, 22 and 29, 2018 (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
Where: Adams County Agricultural and Natural Resources Center
670 Old Harrisburg Rd., Suite 204
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
registration deadline: October 8, 2018
South American Latin Cuisine Comes to You is a series of three classes that will introduce you to the cooking, healthy lifestyle, history, and Latin food cultures of South America, including Chile, Argentina, and Peru.
Each class has a different food focus. Experience food demonstrations, tasting sessions and hands-on food preparation of popular South American recipes. Learn how to plan meals using local foods and flavors from the region, and locally, as part of a healthy eating plan.
Latin Cuisine Comes to You will:
- Involve participants in preparing food focus segments highlighting South American recipes and culture.
- Engage participants in preparing simple, delicious recipes that fit with a healthy lifestyle.
- Show participants how to select and prepare fish and shellfish for quality, safety, healthfulness, sustainability, and price.
- Help participants design their own healthy lifestyles, highlighting fruits, vegetables, whole grains, cheese, fish, and shellfish.
- Illustrate how participants can fuel their lives for better health.
Classes include food demonstrations and participant hands-on food preparation. Cost includes taste testing, a small meal, handouts and recipes.
05:00 pm History & Food Culture of Latin Cuisine
Food Focus: Fish & Shellfish - Purchasing, Preparation & Healthfulness
05:00 pm Fruits & Vegetables of the Region / Meal Planning
Food Focus: Salsas, Chilies, Fruit Soup & Stews
05:00 pm History & Health
Food Focus: Varied Grains, Legumes, Cheeses, Seasonings & Beverages of the Region
Multiple Options Available