South American Latin Cuisine Comes to You
South American Latin Cuisine Comes to You is a series of three classes that will introduce you to the cooking, healthy lifestyle, history, and Latin food cultures of South America, including Chile, Argentina, and Peru.
Each class has a different food focus. Experience food demonstrations, tasting sessions and hands-on food preparation of popular South American recipes. Learn how to plan meals using local foods and flavors from the region, and locally, as part of a healthy eating plan.
Latin Cuisine Comes to You will:
- Involve participants in preparing food focus segments highlighting South American recipes and culture.
- Engage participants in preparing simple, delicious recipes that fit with a healthy lifestyle.
- Show participants how to select and prepare fish and shellfish for quality, safety, healthfulness, sustainability, and price.
- Help participants design their own healthy lifestyles, highlighting fruits, vegetables, whole grains, cheese, fish, and shellfish.
- Illustrate how participants can fuel their lives for better health.
Classes include food demonstrations and participant hands-on food preparation. Cost includes taste testing, a small meal, handouts and recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions