Introduction to Value-Added Dairy
Introduction to Value-Added Dairy is designed for dairy producers exploring farmstead or artisan dairy production. You will learn about the wide array of value-added dairy products that can be produced on-farm, and how to choose the best product(s) for your facility using the market research process. Market research includes understanding dairy product trends, customer demographics, and product demand.
In order to build a successful value-added dairy business, proper equipment and financial resources are a must. This course will show you what resources you need, and will provide you some financial tools that will help you make a decision that's right for your dairy.
- Entrepreneurial dairy product producers (including sheep, goat and cow dairies), who are interested in producing value-added products, such as cheese, butter and yogurt
- Value-added and the range of value-added product choices that can be produced
- Assessing market demand for value-added dairy products
- Creating a resources inventory
- Using different financial analysis tools to assess profit potential
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.