Intergenerational Programs and Practices for Senior Volunteers
When: Tue., Apr. 17, 24; May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; and June 5, 2018 (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
Where: Penn State Center for Healthy Aging
Biobehavioral Health Bldg.
4th Floor Conference Rm.
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
registration deadline: April 15, 2018
Intergenerational Programs & Practices for Senior Volunteers is a certificate training program offered by Penn State University for older adults (55+) wishing to develop (or expand) intergenerational programs in their areas of interest.
Additional training and networking opportunities will be provided by Penn State and partnering organizations (will include: application seminars, intergenerational study tours, and intergenerational conferences).
Who should attend?
- RSVP Volunteers
- Master Gardeners
- 4-H Volunteers
- Certified Food & Wellness Volunteers
- Foster Grandparents
- AARP Volunteers
- Other adults looking to make a difference in young people's lives.
- Build intergenerational program development skills.
- Extend your leadership skills.
- Apply your intergenerational experience to shape new programs.
- Penn State Intergenerational Program (rooted in Penn State Extension)
- Penn State Center for Healthy Aging
- RSVP-Centre County
- OLLI at Penn State
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (Coll. Ag Sciences)
02:00 pm Introduction to the ILI Mini-Course & the IG Field
02:00 pm Intergenerational Approaches for Community Building: Part II
02:00 pm Intergenerational Programs & Practices: Background & Rationale
02:00 pm Intergenerational Programs & Practices: Depth of Intergenerational Engagement
02:00 pm Principles of Intergenerational Programs
02:00 pm Intergenerational Approaches for Community Building: Part I
02:00 pm Intergenerational Program Leadership & Evaluation
02:00 pm Summarizing Key Points of the ILI Mini-Course on IG Programs & Practices
J. Craig Williams