Home Canning Workshop
Whether you have canned for many years or would like to try canning for the first time, we invite you, your family, and friends to attend our Home Canning Workshop to learn the most up-to-date information on home canning.
Penn State’s Let’s Preserve fact sheets for many fruits and vegetables, meats, jams, jellies, meats etc. will be available.
Dial Gauge Canner Testing
Do you can foods using a dial gauge pressure canner? If so, make sure you have it tested yearly for accuracy and safe processing! Bring your dial gauge canner lid to be tested at the workshop. No charge for testing.
Anyone interested in learning the most up-to-date information on home canning.
- Basic principles of home canning and freezing - why we do what we do.
- Step by step procedures on how to can and freeze safely.
- Boiling water bath or pressure canner - which one to use.
- Current recommended preserving methods for fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, sauces, soups, jellies and more.
- Equipment to use.
- Recommended research-based resources and recipes.
Multiple Options Available