Gas, Cracker, Polymer, Pellets - Ethane's Journey to Plastics
When: September 21, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Jason Williams, Penn State Behrend Plastics Engineering Technology program and Dan Brockett, Penn State Extension Shale Education Team, discuss the role of natural gas in making plastics.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 03:41 Penn State Behrends Plastics
- 07:28 Impacts of the Cracker and Anticipated Educational/Research needs
- 20:13 History of Appalachian Basin
- 21:08 Appalachian Basin Ethane
- 30:34 Ethane Cracking
- 33:08 Polyethylene Uses, production, Markets and Logistics
- 45:27 Q & A
Michael Jacobson, Ph.D.
Bryan Swistock, James Andrew Clark