Image Credit: Pezibear on pixabay.com is in the public domain
Involve your kids and try these fun crafts before you start your garden or just on a rainy day.
- Drawing of vegetable
- Smooth round stones at least 4 inches in diameter
- Acrylic paints, light base colors and green for leaves
- Spray clear shellac to seal and waterproof painted stones
Show a picture of spinach or a leaf vegetable to the children and keep it on display.
- Give a stone to each child. Paint the top and sides of the stone with a light colored paint.
- While the stones dry, wash brushes. Help the child draw a large spinach or other vegetable leaf on the stone.
- Have them paint their leaf green.
- After the stone is dry, spray with clear shellac to waterproof and seal.
- Allow stone to dry thoroughly.
Keep your garden fun this year!
Sources:Team Nutrition.org; Tasty Acres Farm - Grow it, Try It, Like It, The Basics: Introduction and Resource Materials