Food Safety and Sanitation for Food Manufacturers Short Course
When: October 16, 2018 7:30 AM to October 18, 2018 12:30 PM
Where: Erickson Food Science Building
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
The Penn State Food Safety and Sanitation for Food Manufacturers is a comprehensive 2 1/2-day program on the essentials of sanitation in food processing and packing facilities.
This educational opportunity is offered for those who are developing in-house food safety programs and want to upgrade their knowledge of the science and technology of cleaning, sanitizing, and pest control.
Lectures and lab sessions focus on control of pathogenic and spoilage microorganisms, plant and equipment design, safe handling of chemical products, allergen control, and educational strategies to get your workers involved and committed to your food safety plan.
- Food manufacturers
- Quality assurance managers food plant managers
- Food engineers
- Individuals and companies that are required to follow the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Individuals developing in-house food safety programs
- The essentials of sanitation in food processing plants
- How to control pathogenic and spoilage microorganisms
- Plant and equipment design
- How to safely handle chemical products
- How to reduce and control allergens
- How to educate and involve employees in a food safety plan
Glenn Mills, PA
University Park, PA
Luke LaBorde, Ph.D.