Fall Garden Day
Join the Master Gardeners of Cambria County for Fall Garden Day! A variety of speakers will present information on garlic cultivation, proper tree planting, tool maintenance, hydroponics, and tick-borne diseases. Some of the most interesting questions posed to the 2018 Summer Garden Hotline will also be shared.
To Be Covered
- Mail Order Plants
- What the sizes mean for bare root and potted plants, as well as planting and care tips for when the plants are delivered.
- Hydroponic Gardening
- Small scale hydroponic setups that can be used in the home and for house plants.
- Tick Awareness
- How to prevent tick bites and tick-borne diseases.
- Fall Garlic Planting
- Setup and planting your fall garlic crop; the tips, tricks and experiences from living with a garlic-obsessed husband.
- Pollinator Project
- Information on the landscaping and pollinator garden project at the Cambria County Courthouse.
- Gardening Tools
- Demonstration on the proper care of gardening tools.
- Garden Hotline
- The best and most relevant of the numerous questions received and answers provided during the planting season of 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions