Exploring Value-Added Dairy
As consumer demands and milk markets change, many producers are looking for alternative options to retail their milk. Value-added dairy is a means of marketing a product that sets a producer apart from their competition in order to increase value.
This workshop will present an overview of value-added dairy and basic considerations for products including regulations and equipment.
Additionally, participants will start thinking about assessing their market and potential products, needed resources, niche markets, and production aspects.
- Dairy farmers and producers who are interested in or just getting started with value-added dairy products
- Dairy farmers and producers looking to increase profit
- Dairy farmers and producers looking for a way to stand out from their competition
- How to produce value-added dairy products
- How to market value-added dairy products
- The benefits of producing and selling value-added dairy products
- How to produce value-added dairy products within regulations
- About the equipment needed to produce value-added dairy products
Timothy Beck, Heather Weeks
J. Craig Williams