Developing a Social Media Strategy
You might find it difficult or overwhelming as to where to get started. This webinar discusses how to develop an effective social media strategy including how to identify your social media goals and objectives, developing content, engaging your audience, and measuring success.
Sarah Cornelisse, Senior Extension Associate, and Jeff Hyde, Professor of Agricultural Economics
- 0:00 Introduction
- 3:30 What is a social media strategy?
- 6:10 What is content?
- 9:50 Integrating your social media strategy into your business plan
- 12:25 Strategy pyramid
- 14:45 The "bolt on" approach
- 20:27 Questions to consider
- 22:30 Elements of a strategy introduction
- 24:24 Elements of a strategy--listen
- 29:24 Elements of a strategy--identify goals and objectives
- 31:04 Elements of a strategy-- marketing goal
- 33:27 Elements of a strategy--develop a plan
- 36:27 Example of a plan timeline
- 39:13 Elements of a strategy--develop content
- 40:06 Elements of a strategy--implement plan & engage audience
- 42:53 Elements of a strategy--measure success
- 45:36 Measure success--Twitter and TweetReach
- 49:36 Measure success--using Klout to gauge your social media influence
- 52:24 Conclusion
- 53:58 Questions
Robert Crassweller, Ph.D.
Robert Crassweller, Ph.D., Montserrat Fonseca Estrada