Developing a Farm Food Safety Plan
It is helpful but not necessary to have attended Keeping Fresh Produce Safe Using Good Agricultural Practices, the 5 hour certificate program that covers farm practices and food safety risks.
The new workshop will go over the basic concepts but is not a repeat of that course. It is designed as a level two course for farmers writing a food safety plan and for farmers who are considering or require a third party audit. Participants at previous trainings have left with mostly completed farm food safety plans in hand, and better prepared for third party audits.
Lunch and resource materials will be provided.
- Vegetable and fruit growers
- Produce growers
- Anyone that needs to develop a farm food safety plan
- Anyone who has already attended Keeping Fresh Produce Safe Using Good Agricultural Practices
- Any farmer who is considering a third party audit or is required to pass a third party audit
- How to write a USDA harmonized GAP food safety plan
- How to pass a third party audit