Dairy Grazing Discussions
When: January 3, 2019, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: Valley Dairy
229 Colony Ln.
Latrobe, Pennsylvania 15650
This series of lunch meetings will cover a wide variety of topics, guided by material from "The Art and Science of Grazing." Participants are encouraged to read book chapters beforehand. The facilitator will provide handouts and guide discussion. Book and meal purchases are the responsibility of the participant.
Meetings will be held at Valley Dairy in Latrobe, PA, beginning at 11 a.m. and concluding by 1 p.m.
Topics for discussion will be:
- January 25 - Introduction, Benefits to Good Pasture Management, Grazing Systems
- March 15 - Forage Selection, Planting
- June 21 - Soil Health, Pasture Maintenance
- July 19 - Animal Nutrition, Grazing Behavior
- November 15 - Animal Health, Grass Only Systems
- December 13 - Grazing System Design, Grazing Math
- January 3, 2019 - Putting It All Together, Monitoring & Testing
Primarily for dairy producers interested in grazing management
A foundational overview of effective grazing management for dairy operations, strategies that help improve performance, and things that have been learned by other grazers in the region
Thursday, January 3, 2019
Putting It All Together
Monitoring & Testing
Frequently Asked Questions
Coleen M. Jones, Jud Heinrichs, Bob James, Chase Scott
Jud Heinrichs, Virginia A. Ishler, Daryl Maulfair