Dairy Feeding Workshop
This program will provide you with hands-on learning, demonstrations and group discussion about the feeds you have available to you for the next year.
This is a hands-on presentation. If you would like to bring along a sample of your own silage or TMR to be evaluated please do so. This program is being held on farm so please dress appropriately. Plastic boots will be provided.
Producers, Herd Managers, Farm Employees, Industry Representatives
- Evaluating "The Ensiling Process" (pH & Temperature, Silage Stability),
- Particle Length & Forage Analysis (Proper Sampling, Interpreting the Results),
- Evaluations of Feeding & Mixing (Filling Procedure, Missing Quality, Particle Length Destruction),
- Feed Bunk Management & Evaluation (Feed Space, Bunk scoring, sorting, dry matter intake),
- What the Cows Have to Say? (paper vs bunk, Chewing activity)
J. Craig Williams