Dairy Feeding Workshop
Do you know exactly what your cows are eating?
This program will provide you with hands on learning, demonstrations and group discussion about the feeds you have available to you for the next year.
Many times, cows are not getting fed exactly what is formulated in the ration. We will discuss how this can affect your cows, ways to improve feed management and how to optimize the feed you harvested this fall.
This program will be on-farm with hands-on demonstration. Plastic boots will be provided.
Would you like the Penn State experts to analyze your forages? Please feel free to bring along your current ration, forage analysis or a forage sample for the educators to look at.
Producers, Herd Managers, Farm Employees, Industry Representatives
- Evaluating "The Ensiling Process" (pH & Temperature, Silage Stability),
- Particle Length & Forage Analysis (Proper Sampling, Interpreting the Results),
- Evaluations of Feeding & Mixing (Filling Procedure, Missing Quality, Particle Length Destruction),
- Feed Bunk Management & Evaluation (Feed Space, Bunk scoring, sorting, dry matter intake),
- What the Cows Have to Say? (paper vs bunk, Chewing activity)
Coleen M. Jones, Jud Heinrichs, Bob James, Chase Scott