Penn State Extension Meeting by Nicole Santangelo, PSU
The 2018 Penn State Crops Conferences will kick off with two locations on January 18 (Allentown) and January 19 (Lancaster). Both meetings will start with registration at 8:30 am, and the program will begin promptly at 9:00 am. Be sure to arrive early to visit with the many exhibitors at the trade show. Dates and locations for 2018 include:
- Allentown, Lehigh County – Thursday, January 18 (daytime and evening sessions)
- Lancaster, Lancaster County – Friday, January 19
- Mifflinburg, Union County – Friday, January 26
- Towanda, Bradford County – Tuesday, February 13
At each of the meetings, you will have an opportunity to earn a minimum of two category and two core pesticide recertification credits, plus certified crop advisor (CCA) credits and PA Nutrient Management credits where applicable. This year’s conferences feature four statewide presentations, along with a variety of localized topics which are tailored for each location. The four statewide topics are:
- Xtend Soybeans and Dicamba: What Went Wrong in 2017?
- Farm Transition: What’s Your Exit Strategy?
- Top Diseases from 2017: White Mold, Grey Leaf Spot and More
- Soil Health: Key to Sustainable and Environmentally Sound High Yields
To see the specific agendas for each location, you can visit the Crops Conferences Workshop page. Select your location on the right, and then click on the agenda tab to view the specific agenda.
Pre-registration is $20 for the day-long conference, with walk-in registration being $25. To register online and pay with a credit or debit card, visit the Crops Conferences Workshop page. To register by phone and pay with a check, you can call the customer service line at 877-345-0691.
Operators are on duty Monday through Friday, from 8 am- 5 pm.