Educators get hands-on at water educator's summit
Proposals are now being accepted for potential presenters and exhibitors at Penn State Extension’s award winning Dive Deeper Summit. Dive Deeper is a biennial event for anyone who teaches about water, whether in the classroom, on the lake shore, in the woods, or at the city playground. This full day conference features hands-on workshops, networking, educational exhibits, and great guest speakers – and it could also feature you!
There are numerous time slots available for 45-50 minute concurrent session presentations at the summit as well as spaces for 8ft table exhibits. The focus of this conference is to strengthen the capacity of educators to teach youth about water, water ecosystems, aquatic life, and related topics. All water-related proposals will be considered, but here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- New curriculum or teaching tools for youth water education
- Using art and other media to teach about water
- Urban water issues (drinking water, stormwater, wastewater, etc.)
- New techniques for water quality monitoring
- Using technology to teach about water
- Current Issues/Topics (mineral extraction, climate change, invasive species, emerging pollutants, land use) as they relate to water in the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Teaching about water to diverse audiences, disabled audiences, and underrepresented audiences
- STEM Education with a water focus
- Addressing science standards (NGSS and local) with water education
Submit Your Dive Deeper IV Presenter Proposal
Submit Your Dive Deeper IV Exhibitor Proposal
All proposals are due by Wednesday, February 28, 2018.