Have a question?
Search for Education by Bryan Hed!View All Education from Bryan Hed
Most recent education by Bryan Hed
I have been conducting research to evaluate chemical and cultural disease management strategies for grapes since 1999 at the Lake Erie Regional Grape Research and Extension Center in North East, PA.
My most recent areas of focus have been:
- The development of effective disease control programs in organic grape production;
- The development and adoption of new cultural and chemical control options for wine grape harvest rot management;
- The examination of the effects of rainfall on fungicide efficacy;
- Efficacy testing of new fungicides.
- Hed, B., Ngugi, H. K., and Travis, J. W. 2015. Short- and long-term effects of leaf removal and gibberellin on Chardonnay grapes in the Lake Erie region of Pennsylvania. Amer. J. Enol. Vitic. 66: 22-29.
- Hed, B., Ngugi, H. K., and Travis, J. W. 2011. Use of gibberellic acid for management of bunch rot on Chardonnay and Vignoles grapes. Plant Disease, 95:269-278.
- Hed, B., Ngugi, H. K., and Travis, J. W. 2009. Relationship between cluster compactness and bunch rot in Vignoles grapes. Plant Disease 93:1195-1201.