Best Milking Practices
Best Milking Practices is a self-paced course that will help you understand the problems on dairy farms that result from mastitis. You'll learn about concepts to help you measure and reduce levels of mastitis, and you'll discover practical solutions to help apply that knowledge to your milking practices.
- Anyone who works with dairy cows
- Farm owners
- Farm managers
- Farm employees/staff/farm hands
You will learn how to:
- prevent mastitis in dairy cows
- outline the procedures for cleanliness and cow handling
- understand pre-and-post milking best practices
- identify ways to test for mastitis on your farm
- develop standard operating procedures based on best practices
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.