Beekeeping is especially important now, as growing dangers threaten honeybees all over the world. We’ll talk about many of these dangers in this course. You’ll learn about bee biology and behavior, hive management throughout the year, bee diseases and pests, swarming behavior, equipment beekeepers use, bee products including honey and much more. You’ll become well-equipped to manage your own bee colonies.
- People interested in getting started in beekeeping
- People with some experience who want to learn more about the science of beekeeping
- Science of honeybees
- Practices of experienced beekeepers
- Bee biology and behavior
- How to use typical beekeeping clothing and equipment
- How to manage a hive throughout the year
- Identify and treat common bee pests and diseases
- Understand various bee products you and your bees can make
- Understand pollination and the role bees play in it
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.