Arborist Short Course
Designed to increase working-tree knowledge and professional arborist skills, successful completion of the four-day Arborist Short Course will prepare participants for the ISA Certified Arborist exam, as well as improve their marketability.
Today there is an increased awareness by homeowners and municipalities for the need of trained and knowledgeable tree care workers. The green industry has responded to this demand for trained professionals by creating certification programs, such as the Arborist Short Course.
Certified Arborists Examination
This course provides training for people interested in taking the International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborists Examination. Further details can be found on the Pennsylvania Tree Resource Guide site.
ISA Certified Arborist, PCH, and PA Landscape Architect CEUs and Pesticide Credits are available.
- Entry level arborists
- Individuals interested in taking the Certified Arborist Exam
- Arborists that need a refresher
- The basics of tree biology
- Tree risk assessment skills
- How to plant trees
- How to diagnose tree diseases and arthropod pests
- How to care for trees
- How to manage soil and provide nutrition for trees
- How to prune in accordance with ANSI standards
- How to safely climb trees
- Construction impacts and management
Frequently Asked Questions
Sharon I Gripp, Gregory Hoover, Gary W. Moorman, Ph.D.
Gary W. Moorman, Ph.D.
David R. Jackson