Applied Biogas Technology: Converting Organic Waste to Energy
Biogas is a renewable form of natural gas produced from biomass waste or other materials. Producing biogas is a good way to extract energy from waste products and can work well on farms, at food processing plants, and in other locations as well.
This online course will explain the chemistry of biogas, how it is produced, and how to estimate biogas yield from various organic waste products. It will also cover the advantages of biogas over fossil fuel, different types of production systems available, and the equipment needed to produce and utilize biogas. Lastly, we will run through a detailed example of the costs and potential income of a biogas operation.
- Anyone who is interested in learning about, using, or promoting the use of biogas from anaerobic digestion at farms, homes, and businesses
- Differentiate between renewable energy and sustainable energy
- Identify the major types of biogas
- Identify the key components of a biogas system
- Estimate biogas yield from a given feedstock
- Identify scenarios that are favorable for biogas project development
- Carry out a simple economic analysis of a biogas system
Some courses also provide credits that can go towards professional certifications. None of the online courses offer credits that can go on a college transcript.
Please refer to the course description to learn if a specific course offers certificates and/or credits towards professional certification.
The definition of a passing grade varies from course to course. Once you register for an online course, please log in to learn about a specific course’s grading criteria.
Also, keep in mind that not all courses offer certificates. Please refer to the course description to learn whether or not a specific course offers a certificate.