A Community Watershed Approach to Stormwater Management
When: August 31, 2016
In an impaired watershed in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, a dynamic, locally-led partnership known as the Little Conestoga Partnership worked collaboratively over a three year period from 2013-2015 to assist municipalities and suburban/urban landowners with innovative, cost-effective tools and approaches to achieve and maintain reductions in stormwater pollution.
This case study explores the methodology and accomplishments of the Partnership, and provides lessons learned to guide municipalities considering working together to address stormwater obligations.
- 0:00 - Introduction
- 2:46 - Overview of the Watershed
- 8:08 - MS4 Overview
- 14:08 - Community Watershed Approach - Partners, Structure, etc.
- 20:23 - Public Outreach
- 29:30 - Tools to Address Stormwater
- 34:30 - Watershed Approach to Chesapeake Bay Pollution Reduction
- 39:00 - Evaluating Cost Effectiveness
- 48:18 - Lessons Learned
- 51:00 - Question/Answer Session
- 55:29 - Webinar Ends