- Design methodology for bringing the generations together and the testing of that methodology with various groups of people, in various settings, and in various organizational and cultural contexts. [Design methods and test]
- Establish applied research framework: focused on informing intervention/education strategies.
- Concept papers to help define/build the intergenerational (IG) studies field.
- IG programs and possibilities within Extension.
- Bring intergenerational strategies to bear on some of the vital problems in the state of PA (and beyond)
Kaplan, M., Wikert, B., Scholl, J., and Rushton, M. (2013). Intergenerational panels at centennial events: Stimulating discussion about continuity and change in the 4-H program. Journal of Extension, 51(1). [WWW document]. URL: http://www.joe.org/joe/2013february/a6.php.
Kaplan, M. & Fowler, C. (In Press). Intergenerational communication in caregiving contexts. In R.C. Talley & N. Henkin (Eds.). Intergenerational Caregiving. Rosalynn Carter Institute for Human Development. Americus, Georgia: RCI Institute.
Pinazo, S. and Kaplan, M. (2007). How do intergenerational programs benefit their participants? In M. Sanchez (Ed.), Intergenerational programs: Towards a society for all ages (pp. 70-101). [in English and Spanish]. Obra Social Fundacion La Caixa. Barcelona, Spain.
Kaplan, M. and Lawrence-Jacobson, A. (2006). Intergenerational programs and practices. In Sherrod, L., Flanagan, C.A., & Kassimir, R. (Eds.). Youth activism: An international encyclopedia (pp. 357-361). Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Company.
Kaplan, M. (2004). Toward an intergenerational way of life. Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences, 96 (2), 5-9.
Kaplan, M., Liu, S-T., & Radhakrishna, R. (2003). Intergenerational programming in extension: needs assessment as planning tool. Journal of Extension, 41 (4). (WWW document). URL: http://www.joe.org/joe/2003august/a5.shtml.
Kaplan, M. (2002). Intergenerational programs in schools: Considerations of form and function. International Review of Education, 48 (4), 305-334.
Kaplan, M. and Brintnall-Peterson, M. (2001/2002). In search of an intergenerational agenda for Cooperative Extension. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, 7, (1/2), Fall/Winter, 127-144.