Multiple Layers of Analysis
Impact on the Participants:
- Indices of physical and mental health
- Attitudes toward other generations
- Sense of social connectedness
- Communication tempo and flow
- Factors affecting interaction dynamic –e.g., differences in status, communication skills, etc.
- Patterns of relationship formation
- Previous intergenerational experiences
- Opportunities and attitudes toward caregiving
- Family strengthening opportunities
- Effectiveness of the intervention agent –e.g., facilitation skills and style
- How decisions about program structure affect level of program success
- Impact on community support/caregiving systems
- Program impact on community social climate and the physical environment.
- Program impact on participants’ level of community engagement.
[Kaplan and Liu, 2003]