WIC Nutrition Program
WIC provides the following services free of charge:
• Vouchers for healthy food that can be redeemed at participating supermarkets and grocery stores.
• Quality nutrition education
• Information on how to prepare healthy, low-cost meals
• Breastfeeding education and support for expecting and nursing mothers
• Basic health screenings
• Referrals to health and social services
• Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program for those who qualify.
WIC is for any pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding women of any age; infants and children under 5 years of age who:
• Meet WIC income guidelines
• Have a nutritional or medical need
• Live in Pennsylvania
- Maternal & Family Health Services, Inc.
- Phone Number
- • 2510 West Market St.
Pottsville, PA 17901
• 125 East Centre Street
Shenandoah, PA 17976
• 139 West Broad St.
Tamaqua, PA 18252
- Basic Living Resources
- Grandparents with infants and children under 5 years of age may be eligible for this program, contact us for more information.