Offers Center-based and School-based Partial Hospitalization services to adolescents ages 12-17 who are experiencing problems functioning socially and emotionally in the home, school, and/or community settings. We offer Family-Based Mental Health Services, Multisystemic Therapy, CRR Group Home Services (boys only) and Case Management Services to adolescents ages 12-17 and their families. We offer individual and group therapy for the adolescents and family therapy for the members of the household. Although we do not target families with grandparents as the primary caregiver, we do encounter and engage them in all of our services. We also have a small mediation program which primarily serves the Lackawanna County Court System.
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- 537 Venard Road
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
- Geographical area(s) in which services are provided
- Lackawanna, Susquehanna, Wayne Counties
- Approximate Number Of Families Serviced
- Social/Emotional Support
- Individual/Family Counseling
- Child Care
- Resource Coordination Case management
- For the Child (in schools, preschools, or other community setting)
- All clients in the program attend an on-campus, special education school, grades 7-12. The school has a private academic license and is accredited by Middle States.
- Average Number of Participants
- Level of Formality
- Somewhat Formal
- What assistance might your group/program need to better obtain your objective(s) (e.g., identifying potential speakers, gathering information, obtaining publications, etc.)?
- Although our problem does not appear to neatly fit the information you are seeking, we do serve grandparents as primary caregivers. Information regarding local resources and publications would help to keep our staff abreast of current issues and allow us to provide grandparents parenting a child with special needs additional information and support.
- Lourdesmont assists families in negotiating the complex systems of Medical Assistance, HealthChoices, Special Education, Children and Youth and Juvenile Courts. This assistance could be very beneficial for grandparents who may not have encountered these systems during their child-rearing. Services are offered primarily in Lackawanna and Susquehanna, and in a limited way in Luzerne, wyoming, Wayne, Carbon, Monroe, and Pike Counties.