Erie County Kinship Care Initiative
The purpose of the initiative is to provide information and support for kinship caregivers. The initiative is a network of professionals who share information and resources for the purpose of supporting kinship caregivers., a support system for kinship care families.
- Penn State Cooperative Extension
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- 850 East Gore Road
850 East Gore Road
Erie, PA 16509
- Geographical area(s) in which services are provided
- Erie county and the NW Cooperative Extension Region
- Approximate Number Of Families Serviced
- Social/Emotional Support
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Children's Therapeutic Groups
- For the Adult (formal or informal training in childcare; e.g. certificate program or continuing education course)
- Frequency Of Meetings
- Average Number of Participants
- Level of Formality
- Somewhat Formal
- What assistance might your group/program need to better obtain your objective(s) (e.g., identifying potential speakers, gathering information, obtaining publications, etc.)?
- We need help in marketing our services because there are many more kinship care families in our county than we are currently reaching. Considering the financial difficulties of our families, we need financial assistance to continue to provide services to our clientle and their families. Could also use help in terms of being alerted to any and all financial resouces available to our families. Identifying potential speakers for both the adults and youth we serve would be very helpful.