Relatives as Parents Program
The Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP) is designed to assist grandparents and other relatives who have taken on the role of primary caregiver for related children. The Relatives as Parents Program offers a wide range of services: Support Group for adults that offers a social network of grandparents and relatives. Meets the third Monday of every month from 6:00-8:00pm at the Children's Aid Society. Child Care is available! Refreshments Provided! Monthly respite care and special respite nights for participating families. Referral and access to appropriate community based services and resources. Education and training to learn new parenting and coping skills.
- Children's Aid Society
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- 1008 South Second Street
Clearfield, PA 16830
- Geographical area(s) in which services are provided
- Central PA
- Approximate Number Of Families Serviced
- Social/Emotional Support
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Children's Therapeutic Groups
- For the Adult (formal or informal training in childcare; e.g. certificate program or continuing education course)
- Frequency Of Meetings
- Level of Formality
- Very Informal
- What assistance might your group/program need to better obtain your objective(s) (e.g., identifying potential speakers, gathering information, obtaining publications, etc.)?
- The Children's Aid Society recently received a grant from the Brookdale Foundation in New York to begin a Relatives as Parents Support Group. Our first support group meeting will be held this month! Any resources or information that might help would be greatly appreciated!