Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
CHIP is not welfare. It is a health insurance program for children ages birth-19. Program eligibility is based on family income, ages of children and family size. Coverage may be free or low-cost.
- W. PA - Caring Foundation for Children, Inc.
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- 245 Market Street
Johnstown, PA 15901
- Geographical area(s) in which services are provided
- Western Pennsylvania (29 counties)
- Approximate Number Of Families Serviced
- 60,000 children
- Social/Emotional Support
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Based in Pittsburgh but available to anyone, "The Caring Place", a free bereavement support program for families.
- Basic Living Resources
- Health resources/advice/advocacy
- What assistance might your group/program need to better obtain your objective(s) (e.g., identifying potential speakers, gathering information, obtaining publications, etc.)?
- We are available to deliver presentations on how to apply for CHIP coverage, to small or large groups. We can also, with appropriate information, help parents and/or grandparents complete CHIP applications on site.