Child Care Provider Training
Workshops, mentoring and technical consultation for grandparents doing child care or who have interest in developing skills to become a provider. Resources of Better Kid Care Program information, warmline, etc.
- Penn State Cooperative Extension In Allegheny Co.
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- 400 N Lexington Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
- Geographical area(s) in which services are provided
- Allegheny County
- Social/Emotional Support
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Children's Therapeutic Groups
- Education/Skill Development
- For the Child (in schools, preschools, or other community setting)
- For the Adult (formal or informal training in childcare; e.g. certificate program or continuing education course)
- Parenting knowledge and skill development.
- Average Number of Participants
- Level of Formality
- Not Particularly Formal/Informal
- What assistance might your group/program need to better obtain your objective(s) (e.g., identifying potential speakers, gathering information, obtaining publications, etc.)?
- Sources for funding for childcare, speakers/workshop presenters, staffing with expertise in working with youth with special needs.