Caregiver Family Retreat
Overnight Program for grandparents caring for children in their home for children 3-18 years. Goals are to help caregivers develop competence and confidence in caring for their children and building stronger family ties.
- Penn State Cooperative Extension In Allegheny Co.
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- 400 N Lexington Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
- Geographical area(s) in which services are provided
- Allegheny County
- Approximate Number Of Families Serviced
- Social/Emotional Support
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Children's Therapeutic Groups
- Stress management
- For the Child (in schools, preschools, or other community setting)
- For the Adult (formal or informal training in childcare; e.g. certificate program or continuing education course)
- Parenting Information, Family Strength Building, Child Care Skills
- Frequency Of Meetings
- Average Number of Participants
- Level of Formality
- Not Particularly Formal/Informal
- What assistance might your group/program need to better obtain your objective(s) (e.g., identifying potential speakers, gathering information, obtaining publications, etc.)?
- Sources for funding for childcare, staff resources with expertise in working with youth with special needs.