Young Caregivers in the US and Caregiving Resource Clearninghouse
Posted: August 13, 2012
- Young Caregivers in the U.S. - Report available online: http://www.caregiving.org/data/youngcaregivers.pdf.
- The AXA Foundation has funded the creation of the National Alliance for Caregiving’s Family Care Resource Clearinghouse. Here you will find reviews and ratings of hundreds of books, videos, websites, magazines, fact sheets and other resources addressing the range of issues and questions faced by family caregivers.
See: http://web.raffa.com/nac/axa/topictree.cfm. Examples of topics include:
- Through Tara's Eyes: Helping Children Cope With Alzheimer's Disease book. A booklet for very young children to begin to understand and accept dementia in an older relative.
- Someone I Love Has Alzheimer's Disease video. A video program to help children and their families cope when a loved one has Alzheimer's Disease
- Together newsletter. This is the premier newsletter for grandparents and other kinship caregivers raising children.
- Parenting Grandchildren: A Voice For Grandparents newsletter. the newsletter of AARP's Grandparent Information Center; contains articles and legislative updates, financial news, legal issues, etc.
- The Center for Family Caregivers web site. This is a site to support caregivers -- of aging relatives, spouses, parents, grandparents.