- You must have your own email address.
If you don’t have an email account, create a free account using any provider.
Google mail is a popular free email provider.
- You have two options for purchasing the assessment and receiving a
certificate of completion for lessons in the On Demand system. You must have a
credit card to complete any assessment so you can receive professional
- Option 1: For a single lesson: Log into the On Demand system, progress through the lesson, pay to access the assessment using a credit card that is processed through a secure on-line payment system, complete the assessment, and print your certificate of completion.
- Option 2: Prepay for multiple (five or more) On Demand lessons with one credit card transaction. Select "Lesson Prepayment" option under "Your Account" after signing in. When prepayment is established, a code is provided to use for lesson payments. The code may be shared with other On Demand users; however, the purchaser of the prepayment code is responsible for the security of the code. The code purchaser can request email notification each time the code is used. The email indicates who used the code and what lessons were completed.
- You must set your Internet browser preferences to work with our system so
you can view video and download the handouts.
- Allow cookies for the On Demand web site.
- Allow pop-ups for the On Demand web site.
- Trust the security certificate for the On Demand web site.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer to access all lesson handouts. Click the link for download and installation instructions.
DHS Orientation: PA only, new facilities
To access the DHS Orientation lesson, login to the On Demand system, scroll down to find the lesson title, and click:
“DHS Orientation: Opening a Child Care Center or Group Child Care Home”
"DHS Orientation: Opening a Family Child Care Home”
Note: The On Demand system may be unavailable on Sundays from 7 a.m. - 9 a.m. (EST) for system maintenance.