PYD Mastery: Program Planning and Development
- Show how sound business practices and administrative policies support the day-to-day management of out-of-school programs (including licensing, insurance, record keeping, building maintenance, etc.).
- Apply current personnel management practices to recruit, train, supervise, and maintain positive relationships with a knowledgeable, skilled, and caring workforce.
- Establish positive, ongoing, two-way relationships with families and the larger community.
- Illustrate how mission-driven policies, age-appropriate curriculum, and ongoing observation, evaluation, and reflection contribute to high quality programs, as well as ensure compliance with regulations and professional standards.
- Demonstrate a financial management plan that reflects the program’s mission, utilizes resources efficiently and lawfully, and prepares for future program needs.