The third goal in the Let’s Move! Child Care initiative is to nurture healthy eaters (serve healthy food). Lay the foundation for healthy choices and habits early in childhood by serving healthy food and providing positive mealtime experiences in the child care setting. Child care professionals will learn the benefits of offering healthy food including strategies and ideas to encourage healthy eating. (K7.12 C2, CDA 2) 2 hours
- Identify the benefits of nurturing healthy eaters (offering healthy food).
- Understand Let’s Move! Child Care Goal three and best practices for nurturing healthy eaters (serving healthy food).
- Determine strategies and ideas to encourage healthy eating.
- Learn about the resources and tips available on the Let’s Move! Child Care website.
Find out more about the entire Let's Move! Child Care Series or share it with a friend. (PDF)
To view the lesson
- Click on the "On Demand Web Lessons" button on the left of the screen.
- Create an account or log in.
- Scroll down to select "Childhood Obesity Prevention: LMCC – Serve Healthy Food."