Goal two in Let’s Move! Child Care is to reduce (limit) screen time. Studies show that children who spend more time viewing TV are at an increased risk for overweight and obesity due to increased sedentary activity. Screen time refers to all digital media including TV and can interfere with cognitive development for children under the age of two. Child care providers will learn the best practice recommendations and gain an understanding for why it is important to reduce (limit) screen time for young children. (K7.3 C2, CDA 2) 2 hours
- Identify the benefits of reducing or managing screen time.
- Understand Let’s Move! Child Care Goal 2 and best practices for screen time.
- Determine strategies and ideas to reduce or eliminate screen time in your child care program.
- Learn about the resources and tips available on the Let’s Move! Child Care website.
Find out more about the entire Let's Move! Child Care Series or share it with a friend. (PDF)
To view the lesson
- Click on the "On Demand Web Lessons" button on the left of the screen.
- Create an account or log in.
- Scroll down to select "Childhood Obesity Prevention: LMCC – Limit Screen Time."