Family Child Care Professionals
On Demand Distance Education
Better Kid Care’s distance education program assists child care professionals in obtaining research-based professional development. Our distance education is accepted for PA Department of Public Welfare/Keystone STARS professional development requirements. Better Kid Care is also accepted by many states for licensing or quality rating requirements.
All modules specifically designed for home-based and family child care providers are available on our On Demand Distance Education site. All On Demand modules are free. A $5.00 fee is required for a certificate of completion.
Health and Safety: Requirements for Certification is a 6-hour module that meets the requirements for the mandated health and safety training in several states, including PA. A Home-Based Caregiver Orientation is available that meets Keystone STARS Core Series Training Requirements.
Modules for Family Child Care Providers
Module list for home-based and family child care providers
- DHS Orientation: Opening a Family Child Care Home
- Family Child Care: Basic Business Practices
- Family Child Care: Mixed Ages
- Family Child Care: Engaging Experiences for Mixed Abilities
- Family Child Care: Maximizing Block Play in the Home Setting
- Family Child Care: Support Infants and Toddlers
- Family Child Care: Support Preschoolers
- Supervising Children in Family Child Care
The Basics for Caring for Children in Your Home is a series of tip, activity and lunch/snack ideas.